Adam Chitayat Google Street View Out Sailing Music Video
Director Adam Chitayat spent the better part of the many lockdowns these past 2-years crafting a music video entirely using Google Street View images. After countless hours of viewing and downloading the world from his desk, he discovered some amazing spaces. These images then required a lot of altering, hand tracking and creating timelapses / shots before it became a music video.

This all came about after Chitayat heard the latest album from Swedish electronic DJ Axel Boman, and the rest is history, but with the help of at least one plugin. What is that plugin you ask? Well, it most likely is ‘Pano Fetch’, a Chrome extension that lets you download a Google Street View panorama image directly from the Google Maps page.

Sale
Apple iPad Air (5th Generation): with M1 chip, 10.9-inch Liquid Retina Display, 64GB, Wi-Fi 6, 12MP...
  • WHY IPAD AIR — Serious performance in a thin and light design. With an immersive 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display and the amazing performance of the...
  • IPADOS + APPS — iPadOS makes iPad more productive, intuitive, and versatile. With iPadOS, run multiple apps at once, use Apple Pencil to write in...
  • FAST WI-FI CONNECTIVITY — Wi-Fi 6 gives you fast access to your files, uploads, and downloads, and lets you seamlessly stream your favorite shows.

I viewed and downloaded the world from my desk, finding amazing spaces, altering, hand-tracking and creating timelapses and shots. I wasn’t quite sure what to make of the material – until I heard the latest album from Axel Boman. Here was a song from one of my favorite artists with such a propulsive and idealistic reaching out towards the wider world. Letting the wind take us, with love as the sail, a blur of adventure,” said Chitayat.

Author

A technology, gadget and video game enthusiast that loves covering the latest industry news. Favorite trade show? Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.