PlayStation 5 Development Kit Yahoo Auctions Japan For Sale
It’s not everyday that you see a PlayStation 5 development kit prototype, much less one for sale on an auction site like Yahoo Auctions Japan. This rare specimen just so happened to make an appearance and sold for a whopping ¥702,000 ($4,853), despite having the ‘prototype not for sale’ prominently displayed on the back of the console.

Unlike the retail PS5 console, this one has several buttons in front – Status 1/Status 2, On/Standby, Reset, Eject, System Init, Network Init – as well as 6 USB ports and LED indicators. The backside sports an HDMI port, two Ethernet ports and an additional USB port. This person allegedly purchased it off eBay around 1-year ago and hasn’t turned it on since. Check out the auction here.

PlayStation PS5 Console – God of War Ragnarök Bundle
  • Embark on an epic and heartfelt journey alongside Kratos and Atreus with the PlayStation 5 Console – God of War Ragnarök Bundle..Memory storage...
  • Bundle includes: PlayStation 5 console, DualSense Wireless Controller, Base, HDMI Cable, AC power cord, USB cable, God of War Ragnarok full game...
  • DualSense Wireless Controller integration: Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger...

Thank you for visiting. This is a test development machine that I purchased through eBay about a year ago. It seems to be of 5. I didn’t own the code itself, and I kept it carefully as a collection. Therefore, we cannot respond to reports such as not being able to start,” said the seller.

Author

When it comes to cars, video games or geek culture, Bill is an expert of those and more. If not writing, Bill can be found traveling the world.