Sony Xperia PRO-I Smartphone Camera
The all-new Sony Xperia PRO-I is touted as the “World’s First Smartphone to Include a 1.0-type image Sensor with Phase Detection Autofocus”, which means it could have the best system yet among its competitors. It features a 4K HDR OLED 120Hz refresh rate display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Elite gaming processor, 12GB of RAM, 512GB of internal storage, microSDXC expansion, Dolby Atmos, a 3.5mm audio jack, full-stage stereo speakers, 360 Reality Audio, and a large 4,500mAh battery.

Unlike other smartphones, this one boasts a 1.0-type Exmor RS camera sensor with a 2.4µm pixel pitch for incredible low light performance, RAW 12-bit shooting, and dual aperture (F2.0/F4.0) to easily switch depth of field based on the photographer’s intention. The rear camera setup consists of a 12MP 1-inch Exmor RS primary sensor with a variable aperture, a 12MP 1/2.9-inch Exmor RS sensor, and a 12MP 1/2.5-inch Exmor RS sensor. Think of it as a compact camera, complete with a BIONZ X processor for mobile and a front-end LSI, but with smartphone features. Pre-orders begin October 28th, with pricing starting at $1800 USD.

Sale
Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera for Content Creators, Vlogging and YouTube with Flip Screen, Built-in...
  • 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens.Bluetooth : Yes...
  • Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking.
  • Side flip-out 3.0” LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose selfie shots

The capabilities of the Xperia PRO-I are unlike that of any smartphone that has ever been brought to market. This phone combines the power of the 1.0-type image sensor found in our RX100 VII compact camera, the speed of our fast Alpha interchangeable lens cameras that is further enhanced by Xperia’s high-speed processing, and a similar video shooting experience as our Professional Video Line,” said Yang Cheng, Vice President, Imaging Solutions, Sony Electronics Inc.

Author

A technology, gadget and video game enthusiast that loves covering the latest industry news. Favorite trade show? Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.