Tech Forums

Go Back   Tech Forums > TechEBlog > TechEBlog Articles
Reload this Page Canon XF400 FCP X - Edit Canon XF400 video in FCP X

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(#1 (permalink))
Old

Default Canon XF400 FCP X - Edit Canon XF400 video in FCP X - 11-25-2017, 10:26 PM

The Canon XF400 Camcorder is a compact, ergonomic camera featuring UHD 4K capture, a 1" CMOS sensor, Dual-Pixel CMOS AF, and two XLR audio inputs. The XF400's optics include an integrated 15x HD optical zoom with up to 30x Advanced Zoom, a nine-bladed iris for more natural highlights, and five-axis optical image stabilization. Pro-style HD features include Dual-Pixel Autofocus (DPAF), and dual DIGIC DV 6 image processors with high sensitivity and low noise, supporting Wide DR Gamma.The camera records full HDMI and UHD 4K up to 60 fps, captured to dual SD card slots, and outputs via an HDMI 2.0 port. On the audio side, the XF400 features four channels of audio with manual/automatic recording levels, and two XLR inputs. Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to control the camera's functions via browser and transfer proxy files. Camera control is also available using the included WL-D89 remote. XF-AVC UHD 4K 60p Long GOP recording is scheduled to be available through a firmware update in 2018.

How to edit Canon XF400 video in FCP X/7/6?

The Canon XF400 uses Material Exchange Format (MXF) for its file structure-an internationally standardized container format for the exchange of video and audio material. Using the MXF format, video and audio can be wrapped into a single file along with important metadata. With MXF, the Canon XF400 will not only benefit from the highest level of compatibility with NLE systems, but also with high-end network systems used by many networks and production studios.

Many users have problems when importing Canon XF400 MXF to FCP 6/7/X.

Example:

"I recently ********d a Canon XF series HD Camcorder and currently using Final Cut Pro X, but I can not load XF400 MXF footages to FCP X, can you help?"

"I'm using FCP 7. I haven't found a way to bring Canon XF400 MXF files into FCP. It's kind of a pain, I'd prefer we were using the same files. Can I import and work with Canon XF400 MXF in FCP?"

The best quality video codec for FCP is Apple ProRes codec MOV format, FCP can't handle Canon MXF files smoothly, you will encounter many problems unless you convert the footages to prores codec via Acrok MXF Video Converter for Mac, which supports Apple ProRes codec for output. You can choose Apple PreRes 422 (HQ) if you want to keep the original video parameters, but it will produce large files, in common situation, you are recommended to choose Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) for output.

Note : Acrok MXF Converter for Mac:
  • * Convert MXF/P2 MXF (4K/1080P/1080i MXF included) in almost all formats on Mac.
  • * Import MXF VideoS to iMovie, FCE, FCP, iDVD, iPhoto, QuickTime etc.
  • * Convert MXF Videos to iPhone, iPad, iPad, all Android devices, Nokia Lumia etc.
  • * Transcode MXF files to Apple ProRes, AIC, DVCPRO, HDV, Avid DNxHD, etc.
  • * Edit videos: Clip, Crop, Merge, Apply Effect, Set Output Parameter, etc.
For MacOS 10.12 Sierra,Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan,10.10 Yosemite,10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion ect Users :

Here are some tips and tricks that you can use when you convert Canon XF400 MXF files to prores for FCP.

Step 1: Run Acrok MXF Converter for Mac and click "Add Video" button to import source .mxf files from Canon XF400.

Notes:

1. Please ensure that the computer you are using to do Canon XF400 MXF conversion has FCP X/7/6 andProApps QuickTime Codecs installed, otherwise, the converted files will have audio only without image.

2. The FCP X/7/6 does not install the Pro Apps QuickTime Codecs automatically, so you need download and install the codec manually from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396.

Step 2: Select Apple ProRes 422 MOV as target format

Click format menu and select "Apple ProRess 422 (*.mov)" as output format beneath the "Final Cut Pro" profile.

Step 3: Convert Canon XF400 MXF files for FCP X/7/6

Click the big button Convert to start transcoding Canon XF400 MXF files to MOV for Final Cut Pro X/7/6. When the conversion is completed, click "Open" button to get the converted Apple ProRes 422 MOV files for editing with Final Cut Pro.[*]Canon XF405 FCP X[*]Play Blu-ray on iPhone X[*]Blu-ray to Galaxy Note 8[*]iPhone 8 Spy Software[*]Mac ProRes Converter [*]Galaxy S8 Spy App[*]Blu-ray Ripper 2017, XAVC Converter , Windows ProRes Converter, Edit MP4 in FCP X , Import MTS into iMovie , iTunes for Android, Blu-ray to Apple TV, Backup Blu-ray to computer, Play Digital Copy on Android, Watch MKV on Smart TV, Add XAVC into Premiere, Edit MXF in FCP X, 4K Video Converter
Sponsored Links